Saturday, July 08, 2006

stampede

I just heard that we can get a free entrance to a Stampede park, or something like that. if we arrive at Stampede before 9am tomorrow and get a seal. than, we can get a free entrance! and, free pancakes and bacon for breakfast! I really want to go to there to have fun, but, I have to work tomorrow from 8 - 4. it's not too late, and the park will be closed at 12, I think. so, I guess I have to get up at around 5:30 and take the c-train to Stampede, and then get back to work before being late. I heard that there will be a lot of people waiting for the free entrance. maybe I should go there and experience heritage of Canada.
it's a pity I did not go to the parade yesterday. there were two main reasons. the first one was the parade was a little bit early. the other was I went to attend a lecture yesterday morning. so, I missed it.
frankly, I feel it is a little silly after I watched the video Friday afternoon. are Cowboys risking their lives to entertainment people?! maybe it is an important part of Canadian culture, but I do not really understand very much. Candaians like risks, which is all I have to say.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 a.m., July 11, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Do you want to go to Stampede with us on Sunday?

 
At 4:25 p.m., July 11, 2006, Blogger Scott Douglas said...

I definately think you should go to the Stampede before it is over. You will never understand Calgary until you have been to the Stampede. Yeehaw!

 
At 5:16 p.m., July 12, 2006, Blogger Shannon said...

Yes, the Stamped is worth going to but I'm tired of it and don't bother to go anymore. It's too expensive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home